Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunday Post - 186

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

My grandfather passed away on Monday. We traveled to Mobile Wednesday night to spend the night with my grandmother. The funeral was Thursday. So yeah this wasn't the best of weeks. But on a happier note: Baby Girl is rolling from back to tummy now. She also cut her first tooth last week. She's growing up way too fast. No new books this week, which isn't abnormal for March since I'm focused on burning through my existing TBR pile.

THIS PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of Burning Glass (Burning Glass, # 1) by Kathryn Purdie (2.5 Stars)
Tuesday: February 2016 EOM Wrap Up

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Happy 5th Blogoversary Giveaway
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday
Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday
Thursday: Review of Esther: Royal Beauty (Dangerous Beauty, # 1) by Angela Elwell Hunt

Don’t forget to sign up for the 2016 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15, 2016 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

Take Control of Your TBR Pile

I am also participating in Kimba's March Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge. I know I won't get to all of these, and I'll likely change my mind throughout the month, but for now here are my goals for the month:

  1. Banished (Forbidden, # 2) by Kimberly Griffiths Little
  2. Morning Star (Red Rising Trilogy, # 3) by Pierce Brown (45% finished)
  3. Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy, # 1) by Danielle L Jensen
  4. The Certainty of Violet and Luke (The Coincidence, # 5) by Jessica Sorensen
  5. Their Fractured Light (Starbound, # 3) by Aime Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
  6. Kiss of Fire (Imdalind, # 1) by Rebecca Ethington
  7. Winter (Lunar Chronicles, # 4) by Marissa Meyer
  8. Ruin & Rising (The Grisha, # 3) by Leigh Bardugo
  9. Ruins (Partials, # 3) by Dan Wells
  10. The Bourne Ascendancy (Jason Bourne, # 12) by Eric Van Lustbader

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment